All recipes, photographs and articles posted on this website are protected by copyright. Please feel free to print what you need, but do not repost without prior written approval.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Taco Rice

I am always looking for ways to keep my kitchen cool during the summer. I use my crockpot & grill a lot. I have decided to start looking for recipes I can make in my rice cooker. Here's one we tried recently.

Taco Rice
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
3 cups raw rice
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1 medium onion, diced
1 packet Taco Seasoning
Water
Brown ground beef & onion. Mix in taco seasoning.Put rice in rice cooker. Add undrained tomatoes. Fill with water to the 3 cup line in your rice cooker. Put ground beef in the rice cooker and stir. Close your rice cooker and cook on the white rice setting (unless you're using brown rice, then use that setting.) Serve in a bowl with shredded cheddar & salsa, or rolled up in tortillas.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm! That sounds delicious. You are full of good recipes!

    ReplyDelete