All recipes, photographs and articles posted on this website are protected by copyright. Please feel free to print what you need, but do not repost without prior written approval.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

I volunteered to make something for a bake sale our Pastor's daughter is having next week to raise funds for her year long mission trip to Vietnam. So, I went looking for a cookie recipe. I found this one. Of course I changed it a bit. Oh, the best part is it doesn't have any eggs in it, so you can eat the dough raw...if that's your thing. :)

Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries

Heat oven to 375°. In large mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla with a hand held mixer. Stir in remaining ingredients with a spoon. Using a cookie scoop, place dough balls onto cookie sheet. Flatten slight with wet fingers. Bake until set and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and allow to cool.
I used a 2 scoops with a small cookie scoop for each cookie. I also cut the recipe in 1/2 and I got 2 dozen cookies out of it. You can change the dried fruit to whatever you have on hand. I had cranberries, so I used those. You could use blueberries or cherries, those flavored cranberries, or a combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment