All recipes, photographs and articles posted on this website are protected by copyright. Please feel free to print what you need, but do not repost without prior written approval.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Searching for a GREAT homemade BBQ sauce

I love BBQ sauce, but I'm a bit picky about it. I actually only buy 1 type. I have bought other types/brands, but I feed that to the kiddos because they don't care. LOL Last night I made a BBQ shredded pork that I sorta got from here. Here's what I did.


BBQ Shredded Pork
4lbs pork shoulder- I used a bone in pork picnic ham something or other I got for .99/lb.
1 onion, sliced into rings
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Frank's Red Hot hot sauce
1/2 tsp salt
Place pork in your crockpot. Put sliced onion in crockpot on pork. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over pork. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Shred meat with two forks.
This made a nice start for a bbq sauce. I will need to adjust the seasonings and maybe add a few things to it to give it more of a kick. All in all, it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment